Who We Are
We are a Canadian charity registered with the Canadian Revenue Agency (registration # 849938865RR0001).
What We Do
The BABU Mission is to improve child health and health care through preventative and curative medicine. We do this through:
- Empowering local health care professionals through knowledge share and equipment donation.
- Educating the population on simple public health techniques.
Why We Do It
Through this, we hope to help a particularly vulnerable population in developing countries: children. We strongly believe that every child has the right to quality health care in a safe and hygienic environment. Although the state of child health care in Nepal has improved in leaps and bounds in the last 20 years, there is still much work to be done. According to UNICEF statistic, approximately 87% of the population of Nepal lives in rural areas, where access and quality of health care are still lacking. Through empowering local physicians and facilities, we hope this work will translate into better quality of health care for this population as well.
The United Nations has stated child and maternal health on the list of Millennium Development Goals, and with the deadline looming in 2015, there is still a lot of work to be done to achieve serious development in these areas.
How We Accomplish Our Goals
- Idea and knowledge sharing through exchanges between Canadian health professionals, students and personnel.
- Facility expansion through the allocation of new and used equipment
- Creating better health awareness through local public health initiatives
Click here to meet our Board of Directors